Sunday, November 25, 2012

My secret life... project life

Okay, it's time. Time to share my secret on this blog.
For most of 2012 all of my scrappy energy has been devoted to a project life album. But I was keeping it secret, special just for me.

But it's time to bring the album off the shelf, and onto the blog.

My approach is not traditional, but it's working for me. Basically, it's a highlights clip from each month in the year. And I love it to pieces.

For 2012, I'm using this Amy Tangerine album. Next year, I'm thinking to use another Amy Tangerine (brown chevrons) or Dear Lizzy (blue chevron). I've decided all my other scrapbooks will be plain black cloth, except the PL ones. That's one way to keep it fun. :)

So when you open the album, I want to do an 8.5x11 layout (double sided) that will have a 2012 highlights in it. And then that second page, I may or may not do something with.


I just really love that pattern.

I started with a "welcome' 2012 perspective/letter to self. And then I got into January.

Click to embiggen. Or see the details here:



Yup, three "pages" and I'm done for the month. And I'm good with that.

Some months have quite a bit more pages. And some have layouts and other goodies too.

I've got the album completely done through May, and all the photos in through the first part of November.

I've got more photos to share, but I'll share them over the rest of the week. Fun!

7 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I love that you did this and that you kept it a secret....looks GREAT and what a sense of accomplishment you must have!

Dawn Ruth said...

looks great and what a nice idea

Stephanie said...

Amazing, as always.

Amy said...

you are awesome :) love your book.

Andrea Ancich said...

freaking cute girlie... i'm using that album for my PL for 2013.... hugs!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for sharing it! :) I plan to do a project life album in 2013 and it really motivates me, looking at your results!

Agnes said...

It looks great. Thanks for sharing your secret life! Now I have to go create a secret my self,.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin